Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tatiana the Tiger

You may have heard the story about how a Siberian tiger named Tatiana "jumped" out of its enclosure at the San Fransisco zoo and killed a teenager and injured 2 others before being shot by police. All the stories on the news focus on the teenage victims and make it seem as if they were just minding their own business when the tiger jumped out and got them. Only one story reports that these teenagers waited until closing time, then two of them dangled their legs over the railing where the tigers were and proceeded to taunt, yell at and tease the tigers by throwing objects at them. Only then did the tiger attack them (inside the tiger enclosure). She escaped by latching onto their legs and ran after the other teenager who was outside. She caught him and thats when the police shot her. I feel sorry for the parents of the teenager who was killed and for the tiger named Tatiana who was shot because of it.
I don't blame Tatiana the tiger, if I was in a cage my whole life and 3 teenage boys were teasing, taunting and yelling at me, giving me the chance to get them, I would go for it. And I don't blame the teenagers either, teenagers (especially boys) can do incredibly stupid things.

No comments: