Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sag Paneer Success!

Tonight was my second try at making Sag Paneer at home and it was a good! For those of you who aren't familiar with Indian dishes, Sag Paneer is a spinach puree with cheese cubes. I used more spices this time (cumin seeds, fenugreek and cayenne pepper) in addition to the other seasonings. Next time I'm going to add an onion and maybe a tomato. Yummy.

I'm also going to fix a cabbage curry this week. My hope is that I can learn to cook Indian dishes as well as the food we get out at restaurants.

Zoe enjoyed dinner also. I asked her if her tummy was full of spinach, and she lifted her shirt and put spinach directly on her stomach. This was the best picture I could get. If you look closely you can see what's left of it by her belly button. It was sweet.

No comments: