Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hello from Hoboken

I'm in Hoboken today, Nikki and Zoe went to a playgroup with Kara and Emma. Its really cute seeing Zoe and Emma play together, they are about the same age. I'll have some photos next week.

I find myself in Paneras again (same store-different state). They seem to have a reliable connection. We are here for Nikki's birthday, I wanted to take Nikki to her favorite place to eat, Zen Palate in Union Square, but they closed down! So we are going to Gobos in the village instead, that was our 2nd favorite place in NYC, now its our first since Zen Palate at Union Sq is no more.

Its weird being in Hoboken and NYC right now, I haven't been back in over a year, but it seems like its been a couple of weeks. It seems to pick up right where it left off. Dallas was the same way, we lived here for 4 years, but whenever we visited Dallas it was like it was a continuation of when we left. Having lived in 2 places, and being in both of those places within the same day can be a challenge to my reality. My brain is trying to figure out whats going on, or maybe I need more sleep ;)

It will be good to see all of our friends here. We plan on going to the Met and Central Park this weekend. Im also going to feed my bird buddies here in Hoboken, I used to feed them all the time.

Here is a photo of Hoboken about 10 minutes ago. Its drizzly and in the 40s this afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys at Gobos. Are you bringing Zoe?

Jen B said...

Ahhh... vacation is GOOD!