Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Graphic Design

This is Skip. I work 5 days a week creating graphic design, and it just dawned on me that most people I know don't really know or see examples of what I do, they just hear about my job in a short sentence. So I thought I'd take a blog opportunity to show some of what I do ever week. The company I contract for full time creates a lot of money lending sites. They send me the text (I just paste the text they send me into the web design, some of it can be a bit cheesy) and a general idea of what they want. I create the web page design and send it to the art director and marketing director for approval. I will also do some graphic and HTML advertisements/emails. Ive put a couple of web pages I've recently completed below, you can click the thumbnails to see a larger screen shot of them. I will typically do about 2 or 3 of these a week.
In addition to that company I freelance with an international conference company creating mostly banners and most recently HTML emails. I put a banner example below also. This is the same company Nikki worked for in New York about 2-3 years ago. Between them, and various other jobs Ive had (like WebMD) I have hundreds of banner examples, so I will spare everyone and show just a single banner (the banner Im showing is going up on Bloomberg.com later this week).
Plus I work other freelance jobs, including helping out with my friend Eugene's company's website Post Logic Studios. Another site example is Pure Pools. There are many other design examples I could show. Its hard to narrow down years of working to a few examples.
The best part of my job is being able to work at home and be with my family.




1 comment:

Jen B said...

Thanks for posting this... even after all these years, I don't think I'd seen any of your design work!