Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My fav banana bread recipe

I love this recipe because it doesn't have many ingredients and it is oh, so yummy.

* 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
* 1/3 cup melted butter
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* Pinch of salt
* 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

I got this from Simply Recipes.

1 comment:

Jen B said...

Wonder if I can slightly reduce the ingredients to use my 2 really ripe bananas? Hmmm... Either that, or we're having pancakes midweek!